Just for fun, here are ten fun statistics about grandparents from www.Grandparents.com:
- The average age of grandparents in the United States is 48.
- 43% became grandparents in their fifties and 37% in their forties.
- Grandparents lead 37% of all U.S. households — that’s 44 million households nationwide.
- The number of households led by grandparents in the U.S. is increasing at twice the average annual rate of the U.S. households overall, with the number to hit 50 million by 2015.
- Grandparents represent one-third of the population.
- 1.7 million new grandparents are added to the ranks every year.
- 72% of grandparents think being a grandparent is the single most important and satisfying thing in their life.
- 63% say they can do a better job caring for grandchildren than they did with their own.
- 68% think being a grandparent brings them closer to their adult children.
- 90% enjoy talking about their grandkids to just about everyone.
Seriously? That last one isn’t 100%?!
We’ll do more another time. Or find more fun facts here: “Surprising Facts About Grandparents.”